Got a birthday coming up for an older person living with you? You should purchase a weighted blanket for adults and give it as your gift. It has been a significant trend, and people love it! They have been known to have numerous benefits. See below if your beloved senior could use one.
While weighted blankets can benefit both the old and the young, these blankets are advantageous for adults who:
- Have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Tend to be anxious
- Tend to suffer nightmares
- Tend to suffer from restlessness while trying to sleep
- Love the feeling of being “caressed” while resting
- Want an extra measure of comfort while they sleep
Well, how do the weighted blankets work?
For one thing, people who use heavy blankets say it surrounds the body like a big hug, making them feel more relaxed and sleep better at night.
What are its health benefits?
- Provides a feeling of comfort so you can sleep more deeply at night
- May reduce anxiety and symptoms of other health problems, such as restless legs syndrome, PTSD, discomfort, chronic stress, chronic pain, chronic fatigue and nightmares
- Can provide natural relief to sleep problems
- Can help you get a better night’s sleep and feel rested the next morning
According to recent studies on the effect of weighted blankets on the human body, it results in increased production of serotonin, the happy hormone. High levels of serotonin not only reduce anxiety and calm the mind but also reduce the level of stress and help the body relax so that it can heal itself.
As a result, people who used them can sleep better and longer than before. Another benefit of weighted blankets everybody can use one – children, teens, adults and even older adults can safely use them.
How to choose the right weight and the right material?
The weight of the blanket is one of the most critical factors in determining whether a specific coverage is right for you or your child. Most range from 5 to 40 pounds. It is essential to ensure that the blanket is not too heavy, as this may aggravate health problems, not improve them, especially for children. You can try to purchase a weighted blanket for adults and see for yourself.
It is also essential to stick to softer and more breathable materials that will not make them feel too hot and sweat while they sleep. The goal is to give comfort, not unbearable heat.